Friday, May 19, 2006

Growing Up too Fast



I've been helping out with our church's upcoming Senior Sunday and it's really got me to thinking about how quickly Benjamin is already growing up. It seems like it was just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. I looked at all the baby pictures of our seniors and thought, wow, their parents probably thought the time wouldn't pass as quickly as it has. I know that sooner than later there will be a day that we no longer cuddle up and read Goodnight Moon or Green Eggs and "Sam". I know that this little guy isn't always going to be giddy at the railroad crossing when he hears a "choooo choooooooo". I know that Elmo songs will soon be a thing of the past (I'm pretty much okay with this one). One day, Benjamin will be where our church's seniors are. They year 2022 is just around the corner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still going to cuddle and embarrass him when he's a senior. He'll hate his Aunt Arly...but I'm ok with that. :)