Thursday, July 06, 2006

Our East Texas Time



We were able to get away for a couple of days this past weekend-- to the piney woods of East Texas! We have some great friends over in that part of Texas that we try to see as often as possible!
Ron and Gwynn Shultz along with their children and grandchildren have become such a dear part of our lives. I met Ron and Gwynn almost ten years ago now, when I was a freshman at ACU. Their neice, Lori, is my very best friend and we traveled from Abilene to Tyler several times during college to see them.
After I married David, they just welcomed him and we have all just become such good friends. They truly are a blessing to us and it is a blessing everytime we get to see them!
What a fun time we had! From supper at Jared and Holly's (their son and daughter-in-law), spending time at Holly Lake with the whole bunch (and watching Benjamin "fish"), visiting and catching up, and attending services at Shiloh Road, we really enjoyed our time together and can't wait to see them again. We love you, Ron & Gwynn!
And of course, I did manage to get a little "Canton Fix" along the way-- although I didn't buy a single thing. I think David is still perplexed over that one!

No comments: