Saturday, January 22, 2011

Soccer Saturday...for the next 7 weeks!

Photobucket
The Texans were awesome today!! We won our game and the kids had a great time.


Photobucket
Getting instructions from Coach Anna.

Photobucket
Ready for action!

Photobucket
Lots & lots of running

Photobucket
About halfway through the game, I realized a little something about myself....apparently I'm competitive. In every other area of my life, I'm pretty non-competitive. But, put my kid on a sports team and I become that mom. The one who doesn't sit down the whole game who is yelling for her team. Did not see that one coming.

Photobucket
More running.

Photobucket
Jonathan under the blanket....it was a chilly one!

Not sure if Benjamin was more excited about winning or the snacks that come at the end of the game. He also mentioned after we got home, "You know at the end of the game, they make the other team congratulate you. They tell you 'good game'." I asked if he told the other team's players "good game" as well. "No. They didn't win." Sheesh. We'll be working on some good sportsmanship for next weekend.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Nyla said...

Looks like fun. Congrats Benjamin! Yes, it would be nice to say "good game" to the opposing team, win or lose. Cute pic of Jon Jon. Hope Benjamin will enjoy playing, thanks for sharing the photos.

Love you all, Grandma Pecos

Jordan said...

I love that they are the "Texans"!