Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May? Really?

Where has the time gone? It seems like all of the end of the school year activities have kept us super busy. And, of course, it's banquet/graduation/prom/awards ceremony season for David...we realized the other night that we probably won't see him too much until June. This week alone, he's only home one evening. We're getting more used to the high school life, though. And we know in June the schedule will be a lot easier and he'll get his Fridays off again! Wahoo!

Photobucket
A couple of weeks ago, David & I joined Jonathan at his preschool for "Family Picnic Day". The weather was gorgeous, food was great and the visiting was even better. Here's Jonathan with a couple of boys from his class. 

Photobucket
The mom with the bubble machine was very popular.

Photobucket
Enough with the pictures, mom. Let's eat.

Photobucket
To say our preschool spoils us would be an understatement. Last Thursday was the event I had been told so much about...it's all the moms' FAVORITE event. I was eagerly anticipating the Mother's Day Celebration! It did not disappoint at all. It was such a lovely event and all the moms felt so special. 

Photobucket
The tables were decorated and lined with handmade gifts from all of the children. I've been enjoying my homemade (by JonJon) bath salts, my flower pot & pen and of course, the poem.

Photobucket
Me & my sweet JonJon at the Mother's Day Celebration

Photobucket
Last Friday was Career Day at elementary school (actually it was a week full of dress-ups, but this one was the most fun). Can you guess what he is? A principal. Complete with his own smartphone to fiddle with. He said he had the best day ever as a principal. His own principal, Mr. Coleman, was so impressed with his get-up that Benjamin was invited to the office to help with the morning announcements. He also got to help sing the school song over the PA. It was one awesome day.


Photobucket
Mother's Day was wonderful, too! The boys made me breakfast in bed and after photos, we headed to church.

Photobucket
David made us reservations at our new FAVORITE restaurant, Megg's (we went there on Easter Sunday, too). I can't describe how YUMMY this place is. We had Crab Cakes Benedict this time...WOWZERS. Our waitress also brought us a BIG sample of a Brown-Butter Pancake. I WILL find that recipe.....MUST have it. 
*****

And the BEST part of Mother's Day....a gift certificate for an afternoon at the spa. What an incredible surprise. I didn't wait long at all....I redeemed it today!! I am so blissfully relaxed right now I can hardly keep my eyes open. 
Photobucket
(for the record, this isn't actually me in the photos. I mean I know I take my camera everywhere, but I draw the line at the spa). I enjoyed a "Berries & Bliss Pedicure" and an hour-long deep-tissue massage. And the best pomegranite tea I've ever had....another recipe I'm after.
Ahhhhhh. 
Love that husband of mine. Could he be any more thoughtful?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Grandma Pawlik said...

So glad you went to the spa today. We know you have the #1 husband. Glad Mother's Day was great.
Love ya.

Nyla said...

Such cute pics and wonderful times! Enjoy them!

Hugs all around,

Pecos Grandma