Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Around Our Town

One thing I have truly loved about the Killeen/Harker Heights area is the selection of awesome parks. For a smaller town, they have filled it up with some great ones. And they are all so lush and green and usually a part of a huge complex of hike & bikes, sports fields and more. David has made it his mission to enjoy Killeen while we live here and really make the most of it. I have tried to adopt this mentality with the boys, too. We try to enjoy one of the parks at least once a week. Our newest kick is to go early in the morning before it is too hot and crowded. Our favorite playground just opened the week of spring break and is inside the Harker Heights Community Park. I finally remembered to take my camera on our last visit. If you're ever up for some post-breakfast playtime, come on over and join us!


Jonathan ventured over to the non-tot-spot for some sliding fun.


Hey there, J-Man.

A park's not a park without a good rock to climb on.

I was so proud of Benjamin-- he did this with very little help. 
They have a rock climbing wall at Camp Hope that has taught him some serious skills!

More climbing.

Did I mention that Jonathan is part monkey?

6 comments:

kotitemp said...

Wow, you know what, Jonathan looks almost exactly what Benjamin looked like when we were in Muleshoe, with shorter hair. (to me) They are growing so fast!! Wish we could come play with you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but are you sure that's not Benjamin in the first pic coming down the slide? I think you got your boys mixed up. Did you?

Love to all, Grandma P

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! We'll have to get our little monkies together this summer. J & Ty would have a blast!

Becky said...

Um YEAH.....We are up for some post summer sweating park fun! Give us a ringie the next time a trip to this park is in your future. We'd love to join in the monkey'n around :) HUGS!!!

Amy said...

Great pictures. I LOVE the monkey picture - too cute!

Rebecca said...

Way to go Benjamin! I went to a rock climbing wall once and only got up the first level! What a great idea to go in the mornings! We'll have to join you this summer.