Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mama Mia




What a great Mother's Day it turned into! Hope all the mamas out there were treated just as well as I was. The boys truly made it a day about me! I have such a thoughtful bunch.
I did end up having to stay home from services this morning...I know you'll be astounded to know that our two year old has a virus (for the 300th time this year). We're thinking he's on the tail end of it, but didn't want to spread the love to the kiddos in his Bible class. I took him in to the doctor Friday just for fear of pig flu, but it just seems to be one of those weird fever viruses. So we hung out in our jammies until noon, alternating between Max & Ruby and HGTV. 
His fever was pretty minimal all day (hooray-- finally in the 90's again) so we thought it would be safe to venture out to, where else but....

Of course, I had to make my annual date with Wrinkle Cafe as we fondly called it in college (it's not like that name stopped us from eating there...or purchasing their college meal plan). And of course the boys had to have their Jello.
David surprised me with a truly thoughtful and wonderful gift that came in my favorite kind of package...


I felt like one lucky mama when I opened my initial necklace (I am wearing it in the pics). Thank you so much for an awesome day, sweet family. I am a blessed mom and love all three of my boys (David sometimes argues that we just have 2 boys, but there are definitely 3).



And one year ago on Mother's Day....


Hope all of you had a great day with your family, too.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry you had a sick little boy again! I hope to see you at church sometime soon though. I love the pics of you and your little boys--precious!

Loralee - No Fuss Fabulous said...

I got a little blue box too! Yay for little blue boxes!!! Your family is so precious. I just love your little boys. I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Beth said...

I am glad you got to venture out today. Your pictures are adorable!! And I must say, you are looking quite skinny in this year's picture! Miss you, friend!

Lauren said...

What sweet boys you have! I love that you went to Luby's :) Still one of my favs too!