Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cranberry Relish

After a few emails and Tori's comment, I thought I should post this recipe that I mentioned in my last post. I can't take credit for this one, it came from one of the older Christmas with Southern Living books (I can't remember the year). But, I love it and it is very easy to put together. I actually make it the day before and chill it overnight, I think the flavors marry a little more that way. Hope you enjoy!

2 Granny Smith Apples, chopped (I leave the peels on because I think the green with the red cranberry looks festive)
4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 cups dried cranberries (like Ocean Spray Craisins)
3 green onions (just rough chop...they will be processed later!)
2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar

Combine apple and lime juice in a medium bowl; toss well and drain.
Combine apples, cranberries, and remaining ingredients in your food processor; pulse 6-8 times until finely chopped.
Cover and chill.

Oh and I received TWO awesome recipes for drink ideas for T-Day! Thanks Debbie & Deborah! I am still mulling it over...they both sound absolutely delicious and will make for a nice "float" container!

Thank you all for your emails and comments about my little predicament! I think we are well on the road to a great menu for our first Thanksgiving in our home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Im checkin' out artscow...how can I tell them that you referred me so you can get credit???