Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just Don't Quit

I recently did a blog makeover for a fun gal that my neice connected me with. Megan is a super-fit, healthy-lifestyle gal who works through a program called CrossFit which I don't know a whole lot about (I just know it is for super healthy, in-shape people). I was just reviewing some blogs and noticed this poem on hers that was so inspiring.
Honestly, I am pretty over-whelmed right now with all that I have decided to put onto my plate (the new blog biz, teaching, keeping the house from falling apart, running here there and yonder etc.). I know it would be a million times easier if I could just quit teaching right now, but I won't let myself do that. I committed to this, and I don't want to be "that girl". Plus, I am good friends with my director and that would be the last thing she needed at this point. And the extra paycheck is a nice treat, too.
I have also gone back to Weight Watchers and that is another thing I don't want to wear out on, either. I want to see it through and get to goal...no matter how long it takes. And then I want to maintain it.
So, when I ran across this poem on Megan's blog, I just had to share it. I think everyone can find something in it that hits home. Thanks for the inspiration, Megan!

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must; but don't you quit.

Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When we might have won had we stuck it out;
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow;
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit;
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Thank you for sharing the poem. It is very beautiful and true in my life right...some days I just want to stay in bed all day, but can't because I have a sweet little girl counting on me

Lori said...

What an inspiring poem! I need to read that everyday as I head off to work. Possibly, a little reminder like that will get me through each day. Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

The poem rocks and please forgive me for not remembering to give you your kiz-ash this morning at church! My mind was off in la-la land thinking about visiting, so I will mail in to you tomorrow since I know we won't make it to life groups tonight! I just kept thinking I'll see her soon...but I keep missing you! Let me know if you get it okay this week :)

HUGS sweet friend!!

Amanda said...

Great poem! Thanks for sharing it. You are such a great woman for doing what you do and NOT giving up! You can DO it!!!