Monday, February 09, 2009

Goodbye, Little Friend

Hollye the Fish
December 2006-February 2009

I am sad to report that our beloved "Hollye Fish" has gone on to that great fish bowl in the sky. "Gary Fish" will have a few more flakes to himself these days. When we came in from our trip tonight I discovered our little floatin' friend. We thought about a Huxtable-style fish funeral. But, we have very sensitive pipes and she was burried in a butter tub casket instead. (I use the term "burried" rather loosely here).
Benjamin is still not aware that she is gone. This, of course, is because his room is still under "remodeling" and the fish were hanging out in the kitchen until we were done. Not sure how to go about this. Perhaps a trip to the pet store may be in order soon.
We love you, Hollye Fish. You'll be missed terribly.

FYI-- The fish were named after their sweet givers, Hollye & Gary Hooten, good friends from Muleshoe.

7 comments:

Hollye said...

Oh, I am sad! She was one tough fish; which I knew after your trip to Pecos that Christmas. :)

Melissa said...

For sure--a trip to the pet store is the way to go!

Becky said...

Although I would have voted for a Huxtable style fish funeral, butter tub would have been my next logical choice too!

In the meantime, why don't you try the ole' "pet store fish switch-a-roo before the 3 foot and under crowd notices" ploy?

You just might get lucky :)

Heather said...

That is so sad!

Shannon said...

We were thinking about getting the girls a fish for Valentine's Day. I hadn't even thought about what to do when that fish inevitably dies!!! I vote for Becky's suggestion!!

Amanda said...

Yep - I'm with Becky! I know, I know...this is probably a great opportunity to teach Benjamin about death and loss, but if it were me I'd try to avoid THAT conversation for a few more years!!!

Amy said...

How sad! I can't believe she lived as long as she did!