Friday, December 19, 2008

Ahhh...

Did you hear that? It is a big sigh of relief. Preschool is officially out until January 6th : ). I love teaching preschool, but have really been looking forward to this long break. And to actually start getting our own Christmas together. The last week or so has been spent putting together school parties, teacher gifts, student gifts, staff gifts for David's office and just about everything in between. And 3 out of 4 of us have a yucky cold. But....ahhhhh.
I am so behind on our own "stuff" that it is a bit overwhelming. I have never been this late on my shopping (yes, I still have a lot of shopping to do). I need to bake. I haven't sent out our cards (they are en route from the printer at least). I really want to put together a gingerbread house with Benjamin and Jonathan. I am way overdue on a haircut and an oil change. And we could all use a visit to see my mom now that she is home!
But...ahhhh. I am still just excited to have time for ourselves.
Today was "party day" and we all had so much fun. Benjamin's class even watched The Polar Express so he was thrilled about that. My class had a major sugar-overload since parents combined 3 birthdays with our Christmas party today....brownies, cookies, Rice Krispy treats and cupcakes. I am so glad we partied at the end of the day. I sent them home loaded up on sugar and giggles. But, it was great.
In other news...
I have been meaning to post these photos for quite sometime. Actually, I used several from that day in our cards, so I wanted to see what I used on the card so I wouldn't post it on here before sending them out. I am weird that way. And if you understood any of that sentence, you may be weird, too.
We have a sweet friend, Melissa, who is super talented and was so kind to take our family photos on the UMHB campus a few weeks ago. Bless her heart, she didn't realize how much she had her work cut out for her with Jonathan. He can only be described as an absolute mess that day. Meltdown after meltdown, we certainly kept Melissa on her toes. The only thing he wanted to do was sit on the big antique tractor and "drive"...so he did and we got some great photos of that. But, when we tried to take others, well, he just didn't want much to do with it. Melissa's talent was still able to get us some cherished photos that we just love. Here are just a few from that day:





7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your break! After teaching 2 year olds ONCE a week at church, I'm confident I could never be a preschool teacher! Hats off to you!

Great pictures, too! Great job, Melissa...as always!!

J Stolle said...

Hey slow down girl...it will all get done in it's own time. Jesus is the Reason for the Season!! the rest is just fluff...Although you do such an awesome and wonderful job of making a masterpiece of your home for all to enjoy.
We love you, David, Benjamin and Jonathan...
Cuz Janice

Rebecca said...

Your pictures are great. Go Melissa. We took ours at UMHB too, what a great place for pictures!! Enjoy the season and try not to get stressed. Let me know if you want me to watch the boys so you can get some shopping done :)

Leslye said...

I am ahhhing with you! Today was our last day too! Hope you have an enjoyable break!

Amanda said...

Beautiful pics!!! Melissa did a great job and your family is beautiful!

Yay for preschool being out!!! I remember those breaks as a teacher - they were wonderful!

Hope you guys have a good visit with your parents this weekend.

Lori said...

I think all the teachers are giving a big...ahh...! Those last few weeks before Winter Break are a beating! I hope that you get to put togther the gingerbread house. We did one last year and it was a lot of fun! Love the pictures, too!

tracey said...

Such adorable photos, Kristi! I love all the red shirts too!