Saturday, July 28, 2007

That mommy face...

I realized while I was feeding Jonathan tonight that I was making the same face to him that I made to Benjamin almost three years ago. I do this strange thing where I imitate taking a bite as I am giving him a spoonful. I don't even realize I do it until it is brought to my attention. I remember a couple of people at our church in Muleshoe pointing it out to me at a Wednesday night meal when Benjamin was a baby. I think it was Dave McNeill and Earl Behrends-- stinkers!!
Anyway, tonight as I was feeding Jonathan, Benjamin looked at me and asked, "Mommy, are woo eating Jon-Jon's cereal?" As I said no, I realized what I was doing. I was taking my pretend bites, trying to "show" Jonathan how to take a bite.
I can't believe I still do this silly little thing. What's even funnier is that it has taken Benjamin this long to notice; he was supposed to take note when he was eating that baby cereal!!

2 comments:

Arly said...

Hahahaha. Do you make sounds too? I make sounds when I feed babies. The biting motion and then Ooohhhhhmmmmmmmm..... Mostly. :)

Wendy said...

Kristi, I just found your blog, and I am loving catching up with your family! I had to comment on this post, because I totally did the same thing with Casen. Even after Scott pointed it out to me, I had trouble not doing it!