Sunday, October 28, 2007

Back in the Saddle, My Friends

As most of you know, one of my biggest passions (liabilities as David might say) is that I absolutely LOVE to decorate. I don't claim that I have any skills, but I enjoy putting together stuff I like to look at and be surrounded by. This little passion started in college and my poor room mates had to just put up with me (my extended apologies to Lori who I lived with for over three years, what a trooper.)
Every place I have lived since college, decorating has almost been a necessity. The place has always been dated or blah and just needed a little something. Until now. When we moved to Killeen, we purchased a home that is only two years old. The family living here before us had the place painted top to bottom on the inside before they put it on the market. This lead me to feeling guilty about wanting to paint. The paint is very neutral and beige and as most of you know, that's just not me. Great for some people, but I am a little out there (and loving every minute of it! (silly Seinfeld quote-- I had to drop it on ya)). We did paint the dining room because our dining room furniture weighs more than nine elephants and I knew we would never move it again after it landed in its spot.
But, my decorating juices are pumping and I have been itching for a project. And I didn't have to look far to find one. I am making a playroom for the boys out of our spare bedroom! And I already started tonight. I purchased a couch with a sleeper in it off of Craigslist that I thought was pretty fun. Over the next few weeks, I am going to be working on this and I will try topost my progress.
I need prayers-- I am going for the harlequin diamonds again. I know Misty and Jean just fell out of their chairs because I did say "never again". But, I have been away from a paint brush for so long that I am ready to take on something big. I am attaching a photo of the diamond pattern I painted in our nursery in Muleshoe. Honestly, I miss it. And want to look at it again on a wall.
So.....away we go!!

Ignore the large pregnant lady in the photo. She was two days away from giving birth to a 9 pound 3 ounce baby!

2 comments:

Arly said...

I think you're insane. :) I remember David's comments about how hard the diamonds were. But they did turn out very well. You can come decorate my house any time Kristi. My decorating skill is about the same as my gardening skill. ZERO.

Hollye said...

I MISS getting to see the diamonds in Muleshoe.