Thursday, October 04, 2007

Super Easy Supper & Dessert by David

I finally got around to fixing this awesome Crock Pot chicken recipe my friend Hollye brought us after Jonathan was born. She gave me the recipe the other day and it was a cinch and super tasty! Thought I would share the recipe.

Black Bean Chicken Tacos (healthy, too!)
- 1 bag frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (if you buy the big green bag at Wal-mart, it is between $6-$7)
- 3 cans black beans
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa (extra mild in my case!)
Place everything in the Crock Pot (do not thaw chicken). Set to low for eight hours. Drain off juices and shred chicken (it literally falls apart, this was so easy). Serve with cheese and sour cream on tortillas! Voila. This makes a ton and freezes well for a second (or third) meal.

After we finished supper, David was telling me about a recipe he heard on the morning show he listens to on his drive to work. It was Coke Cake-- but in the microwave. Since we had all of the ingredients on hand (a can of coke and a box of cake mix), he whipped it right up! Just take a can of soda (I would use dark colas with chocolate and the Spritesey ones to the white and yellow cakes), and mix it in a large microwave safe bowl with a can of Coke. Microwave for eight minutes. That was it. And it was pretty tasty!

No comments: