Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Night

Well, here we are at the end of another good weekend. The kids are both in bed asleep and David is at the office preparing for the first day of school. Please pray that tomorrow goes very well for him.
It's been a busy couple of days, but good busy. We enjoyed church again this morning and are planning on placing membership next weekend at the Belton congregation. After church, we joined a big group of folks over at one of the elder's homes for a wonderful lunch and good fellowship. It's funny, I sort of already already had a connection to this elder's family. His name is Mickey Blanks and I was in GATA with his daughter Melanie. He also served on the Alumni Advisory Board when I worked at the ACU Alumni Office. My college roomie Misty is also related to him distantly through her aunt. So, it was just sort of funny to me to have all of these random connections. They had a really lovely home on the outskirts of Belton. The scenery was just beautiful, definitely that Texas Hill Country that I grew up with and love so dearly.
Benjamin and Jonathan did fabulous in class! Benjamin couldn't wait to show us all of the things he made in class and sing us "The Wise Man," hand motions and all, which they apparently sang today. That song always reminds me of our friend Hollye who taught him that song in Muleshoe.
I hope you had a great weekend, too! Woohoo- next weekend is Labor Day!

No comments: