Tuesday, December 11, 2007

WooHoo, a Christmas Tag!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I think wrapping paper is more fun for kids to open so I try to use it more. But if a gift is a funky size, gift bag all the way!

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. And pre-lit is a must these days.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving unless we are out of town, in which case it usually goes up before the end of Thanksgiving weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? After Jan. 6th

5. Do you like eggnog? No. David does. He would take a bath in the stuff if he could.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Barbie Dream House. So fun.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Not currently, but I love that Willow Tree set.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. The man has everything and if he doesn't already have it, he's probably going to buy it himself.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
David. He has a lot of "interests" that lead to good gift ideas.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A day planner I recieved in fifth grade from my secret Santa...what is a ten year old going to do with a day planner? It was sort of funny, though.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but I am contemplating doing our annual Christmas letter on the blog and just mailing the actual card.

12. Favorite Christmas Movies: Family Man (hands down-- awesome movie), White Christmas and of course, It's a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? One year I shopped all year and was done before November and realized it wasn't any fun come Christmastime. So, now I try to start in late October.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My family's Christmas Eve "spread" which is always Mexican food and my mom's "Sand Tarts" which are a huge tradition. It's not Christmas until I pop the top off of the red and white striped tin of those cookies at my parents'.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Five Favorite Christmas songs? In order of my favorite....1)The Christmas Waltz (Frank Sinatra version, please), 2)A Marshmallow World (I am not kidding, I love this song, especially the live version with Dean & Frank-- what a treat!), 3)This Christmas (Harry Connick, Jr.), 4)Santa Claus is Back in Town (Elvis Presley), 5)(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays (Perry Como), and okay I'll have to add a sixth because I am a Christmas music nut...6)Step into Christmas (Elton John)

18. Most Annoying Christmas song? Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. I am not into comical songs, anytime of the year for that matter.

19. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Since getting married, we always travel to family for the holidays. However, this year we will actually spend Christmas Eve at our own home and wake up here to Santa's goodies for us! We plan to drive to Abilene on Christmas Day to see David's family and we'll have Christmas at my parents' on the 23rd.

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, I am a bow kind of gal.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we ALWAYS did this on Christmas Eve, and Santa came with "the good stuff" on Christmas morning. We are planning on opening most stuff Christmas morning this year.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Germs, yuck. Everyone is also sick this time of year.

24. Favorite Christmas Apparel?
Anything red! I am excited about my outfit for David's school Christmas party this weekend, I found a great red blouse to go with my black gauchos! Can't wait.

25. What I love most about Christmas? Everything. I can not get enough of this time of the year. November first through January 6th is the best time of the year.

I tag EVERYONE on my blog roll. Ha! Oh come on, this is a fun one.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Fun post!

I sent you an e-mail the other day but I didn't know if it ended up in your junk file or not...it would have come from boydweb.com..

Elisa said...

Yay! I'm so glad to find you, and now I don't have to wait until the next Central Texas visit to catch up with you! This was a fun post. I'm sooo ready for Christmas!

Arly said...

1) I'm glad Benjamin will like my tree. :) We do have both colored and white lights on ours...

2) I think my favorite Andrew's sisters song is Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy... I like the beat, and I know the alto part which is super rad.

3) 12 days until Christmas!!!